Richmond invites public to share ideas to its Rethink Waste Think Tank
07 September 2021
The City of Richmond is inviting the public to share creative ideas on how everyone can reduce waste and support a circular economy, where materials used stay in circulation to be used, reused or repaired, and recycled multiple times into new products.
Share your ideas and comments to Richmond’s Rethink Waste Think Tank at LetsTalkRichmond.ca by Sunday, October 3 and be entered to win prizes.
Here are some things to think about when sharing your ideas:
- Do you regularly trade, buy used or repair household items?
- Do you consider yourself a champion for the environment?
- Do you get frustrated when you see plastic polluting the ocean and public spaces, causing litter?
- Do you like to brainstorm ideas and try new ideas?
- Do you apply creative solutions to reduce waste and save money?
- Do you encourage friends and family to use reusable items?
If you see yourself in any of these examples, you are encouraged to contribute your ideas, which may help others with their goals to reduce waste.
The ideas generated in the Think Tank will be used to create a Rethink Waste Ideas Hub as a resource for the community.
To learn more about why it is important to rethink the way waste is managed, visit www.richmond.ca/rethink, email email@example.com or call 604-276-4010.