Richmond Art Gallery, Britannia Shipyards and South Arm Outdoor Pool reopening
21 July 2020
The City of Richmond is restoring more services and carefully reopening some facilities that have been closed since mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following will be reinstated this week:
Richmond Art Gallery will have limited public access starting Thursday, July 23.
- There is a new temporary entrance at the north east side of the Richmond Cultural Centre (7700 Minoru Gate).
- Visitors are welcome to drop-in but are encouraged to pre-book their visit in advance by calling 604-247-8363 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maximum 10 people are permitted in the gallery at a time.
- Operating hours will be Wednesday to Saturday, noon to 4:30 p.m.
Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site will partially reopen to the public starting Thursday, July 23.
- The main shipyard building is the only building that will be open at this time
- Maximum 30 people in the building at a time.
- Visitors are welcome to drop-in.Operating hours will be Thursday to Sunday, noon to 4 p.m.
South Arm Outdoor Pool will be available for public use starting Saturday, July 25.
- The public will be required to register for specific time allotments to ensure a safe environment is provided.
- Register online at richmond.ca/register using your MyRichmond account. People can set up an account in advance at myrichmond.richmond.ca.
- People can also register by phone at 604-276-4300.
- Bookings can be made up to seven days in advance or as close as two hours ahead of the time of their session if space is available.
In keeping with the City’s Restoring Richmond Plan, strict safety protocols will be implemented to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Updates on reopenings will be shared via the City website at richmond.ca/covid19 and social media channels as they are confirmed.