Photo backdrops reinstalled to celebrate grad class of 2021
07 June 2021
The City of Richmond has reinstalled commemorative signage at landmark locations throughout the city to serve as backdrops for grad photo opportunities. The signs, which were introduced in 2020, serve to promote and safely celebrate the achievements of grads in Richmond.
The commemorative Grad 2021 signs are in eight locations:
- Garry Point Park (12011 7th Avenue) – east of the Steveston Fishermen’s Memorial along the south side of the park
- Imperial Landing Park (4000 Bayview Street) – east end of Imperial Landing
- Paulik Neighbourhood Park (7620 Heather Street) – Paulik Park garden
- Garden City Community Park (6620 Garden City Road) – north side of the pond
- West Dyke Trail at Terra Nova Rural Park (2340 River Road) – north of the Adventure Playground
- Middle Arm Greenway (6111 River Road) – in front of the volleyball courts
- King George Community Park (4100 No. 5 Road) – east of the Cambie Road parking lot
- McLean Neighbourhood Park (2250 McLean Avenue) – adjacent to the Great Blue Heron public art work.
The signs are part of the larger #RichmondHasHeart campaign, which provides creative opportunities to bring the community, residents and businesses together throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grads are reminded to follow public heath guidelines when visiting City parks and taking photos, which includes maintaining physical distancing and avoiding gatherings by limiting the number of people in the group to a maximum of 10 at a time.
Grads are encouraged to share their photos on social media using the hashtag #RichmondHasHeart.
For more information, including maps showing the locations, visit www.richmond.ca/richmondhasheart.