Give your tree back to nature this holiday season
24 December 2020
Richmond's annual Christmas tree chipping event will take place on Saturday, January 2 and Sunday, January 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Garry Point Park. Donations are welcomed to help support Richmond Firefighters' Charities.
Due to COVID-19, please note that volunteers will not retrieve trees that are inside vehicles this year. Residents will be required to take them out themselves, or have them strapped to the roof so volunteers can safely assist. For added safety, please wear a mask.
The event supports:
- Richmond Food Bank
- Richmond Therapeutic Equestrian Society
- Vancouver Children's Hospital
- BC Professional Firefighters Burn Fund
- Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
Thanks to event sponsors: EcoWaste, Maple Leaf, Pajo’s and McDonald’s.
Other options to recycle Christmas trees:
- Drop-off at Richmond Recycling Depot – 5555 Lynas Lane, open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. starting Saturday, January 2. For holiday hours, visit www.richmond.ca/recycle
- Ecowaste – call 604-277-1410 for hours of operation
- Residents with curbside Green Cart collection can cut up and bundle their tree and place it at the curbside for collection on their regular collection day. Please cut and bundle the tree to a maximum size of 3 feet x 2 feet x 4 inches in diameter.