Family Day Weekend activities in Richmond
14 February 2022
In-person or online, indoors or outdoors, the City of Richmond and community partners have planned over 40 family-friendly activities to do together over the upcoming Family Day weekend – Friday, February 18 through Monday, February 21.
Family Day is a great opportunity for families to get active and enjoy time together. In addition to registered visit open gyms and fitness centre drop-ins, the many activities are listed in one place at www.richmond.ca/familyday. Among the highlights are:
- Go on the Adventure Lab virtual scavenger and explore within and around the Richmond Nature House
- Learn to sketch animals and plants in the Introduction to Nature Illustration session at Cambie Community Centre
- Watch the movie “Encanto” on the big screen at City Centre Community Centre
- Register for the Gardening with Grandparents session at South Arm Community Centre
- Visit the NOURISH exhibition at the Richmond Art Gallery and the Reinventing Richmond exhibition at the Richmond Museum
- Dance at home or at Thompson Community Centre with the online or in-person dance party session led by DJ Rock’N’Beau
- Make a wooden birdhouse, monster truck, plane or pirate boat in the intergenerational woodworking session at the Seniors Centre at Minoru Centre for Active Living
- Pick up a kids activity booklet from the Britannia Shipyards and wander the site completing the fun tasks
- Take a swim together at the state-of-the-art Minoru Centre for Active Living or enjoy a family skate at Minoru Arenas
All activities are virtual or physically-distanced and meet strict health and safety guidelines as set out by local and provincial health authorities where required.
Find all the details and how to register at www.richmond.ca/familyday.