Stay safe in current wildfire smoke conditions
Richmond Public Library branches are open during regular operating hours as a clean air option for residents, while smoky conditions persist:
UPDATE: Fri, Oct 21, 11:30am - The Air Quality Advisory has now ended.
An Air Quality Advisory is currently in effect for the Metro Vancouver Southwest region, including Richmond. Due to worsening air quality conditions seen in Richmond today, the City of Richmond is encouraging residents in need of a respite from smoky conditions to visit their local Richmond Public Library branch.
- Mon to Fri - 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Sat and Sun - 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Prioritize spending time in spaces with cleaner or filtered air
- Minimize your exposure - reduce time spent outdoors and reduce strenuous activities in the smoke.
- Create a cleaner air room in your home using a portable HEPA air cleaner if possible.
- Confirm you have enough of your medications, especially rescue medications for breathing.
- Check in with loved ones who are at higher risk of adverse health impacts from poor air quality
More information about the health impacts of wildfire smoke is available via the Vancouver Coastal Health website.
Metro Vancouver is responsible for regional Air Quality Advisories. For up-to-date information, visit the Metro Vancouver Air Map