South Arm, Thompson and Minoru Centre for Active Living fitness centres reopening
11 August 2020
The City of Richmond is partially reopening some Community Centres, beginning with indoor fitness areas at South Arm Community Centre, Thompson Community Centre and Minoru Centre for Active Living starting on Monday, August 17.
Those wishing to use the fitness centres at these locations must register ahead of time for a 75 minute session. Registration begins Wednesday, August 12 at 10 a.m.:
- Register online at richmond.ca/register using your MyRichmond account. Anyone without one can set one up in advance at myrichmond.richmond.ca.
- Register by calling the Registration Call Centre at 604-276-4300. Recreation Access Card holders and Recreation Fee Subsidy users must call the Registration Call Centre to book an exercise session.
- Registration for each week of sessions starts at 10 a.m. on the Monday before.
- Drop-in attendance is not permitted.
- Regular admission prices will apply.
In accordance with safety plans, strict protocols will be in place to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. These include:
- Arriving ready for exercise as change rooms will not be available.
- Arriving no more than five minutes prior to your exercise session.
- Only bringing essential items (e.g. keys, wallet, phone, towel, water bottle) with you.
- Wallet lockers and cubbies will be available for use. Bags and other belongings will not be permitted on the fitness centre floor.
- Wiping down equipment with provided disinfectant before and after use.
For more details and safety information, visit www.richmond.ca/register.
The reopening of these fitness centres is another opportunity for people to get out, get active and get socially connected in a safe, monitored environment. It is also a significant part of the City’s Restoring Richmond Plan—a careful and phased approach to restoring recreational and community programs, services and amenities that were placed on hold back in March.
More updates will be shared via the City website at richmond.ca/covid19 and social media channels as they are confirmed.