Richmond’s Capital Projects Open House showcases over 40 Construction Projects around the city
02 April 2019
Richmond residents are invited to learn more about upcoming and on-going capital construction works within the city at the 2019 Capital Projects Open House on Wednesday, April 17, from 3 to 7 p.m. at Richmond City Hall’s Galleria, 6911 No. 3 Road. Come out to find out more details on projects in your neighbourhood.
“The City is excited to showcase over 40 upcoming and on-going capital projects that will provide sustainable, resilient, and accessible facilities and amenities for Richmond residents,” said Mayor Malcolm Brodie. “Each of these projects aligns with Council’s commitment to maintain and improve Richmond’s infrastructure to support Richmond’s growing community and ensure that the city is well protected from impacts of climate change.”
Highlighted upcoming projects include:
- Minoru Arena Infrastructure Replacement
- Minoru Place Activity Centre
- Crosswalk improvements at four locations – Garden City Road & Saunders Road, Westminster Hwy & Windsor Court, No. 4 Road & Mortfield Road, Railway Avenue & Maple Road
- Traffic signal improvements at four locations – Railway Ave & Garry Street, No. 5 Road & King Road, No. 5 Road & Vulcan Way, Park Road & Cooney Road
- Upgrade of seven bus stops to improve accessibility
- Lane Drainage Upgrade – Afton Drive (North) and Herbert Road (East)
- Colbeck Area Watermain Replacement
- Gilhurst and Bates Area Watermain Replacement
- Burkeville Drainage, Watermain, and Sanitary Sewer Upgrades
Projects within the Capital Budget will be showcased in a drop-in style open house and City staff will be available to answer any questions and provide further information. Community partners such as FortisBC and Metro Vancouver will also be in attendance with information and display boards about some of their projects throughout the city.
For more information on the City’s capital projects, visit www.richmond.ca/roadworks.