Voter RegistrationRegister to Vote
If you are eligible to vote in the 2021 By-Election, find out if you're already on the Voters List, or if you need to register.
Advance registration closes on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. However, you can also register when you vote.
The advantages of registering in advance include:
- You will enjoy faster service at your voting place.
Register when you vote:
- Find out if you're eligible to vote.
- Find out when and where to vote.
- Bring two separate pieces of ID that together include your name and residential address. One piece must include your signature.
- BC Driver's Licence
- BC Identification card issued by ICBC
- BC Services card (includes both non-photo BC Services card or photo BC Services card)
- Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle Licence issued by ICBC
- BC CareCard or BC Gold CareCard
- Ministry of Social Development and Economic Security Request for Continued Assistance Form SDES8 (“Monthly Form EA181”)
- Social Insurance Number card
- Canadian Citizenship card
- Property tax notice
- Credit card or debit card
- Utility bill (including electricity, natural gas, water, telephone services, cable services)
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian Passport
- A Certificate of Indian Status
- Old Age Security Identification card
- Canadian Forces Photo ID
You may vote at any one of the voting opportunities.
Update your name and/or residential address
You may change your name or address at the time of voting. Please bring two pieces of ID when you go to the voting place.
Register as a Non-Resident Property Elector
Non-resident property electors may vote in Richmond if they meet all eligibility requirements.
You may register to vote in advance at the Richmond Elections Office or you can also register when you vote. You must re-register each election, as you will not be included in the Voters List (only resident electors).
You are required to make an appointment with the Richmond Elections Office before voting to have your forms checked which will make the voting process faster for you when you vote.
Bring one of the following original documents:
- Proof of ownership, for example:
- Land Title Office Title Search
- City of Richmond Property Tax Notice
- BC Property Assessment Notice
- Two pieces of ID that provide evidence of your identity and place of residence (at least one of which must include your signature).
You may vote at any of the voting opportunities.