Election Employment Information
The City of Richmond is hiring for the 2022 General Local and School Election.
Application Period: applications for all election positions will remain open until all positions are filled.
As a condition of working for any local government election, pursuant to the Local Government Act, all Election Officials are required to make a solemn declaration that they will faithfully and impartially fulfill their duties. Election Officials must not be related to any candidate running for office in the election; nor must they be actively working for any election campaign or for any candidate.
Personal information included on the application form is collected for the purpose of processing this application to work during the 2022 General Local and School Election. It is collected under the authority of the Local Government Act and in compliance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about this collection, please contact the City Clerk's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on the positions and duties, please see the position descriptions:
- Presiding Election Official (PEO)
- Alternate Presiding Election Official (APEO)
- Election Official (EO)
- Information and Safety Ambassador (ISA)
General Information for Election Workers
General Voting Day
Saturday, October 15, 2022
Advance Voting Days
- Sat, Oct 1, 2022 – Richmond City Hall (6911 No. 3 Road)
- Wed, Oct 5, 2022 – Richmond City Hall
- Thu, Oct 6, 2022 – Richmond City Hall and Kwantlen Polytechnic University (8771 Lansdowne Rd)
- Fri, Oct 7, 2022 – Richmond City Hall
- Sat, Oct 8, 2022 – Richmond City Hall (plus four other advance voting locations in the community)
Voting Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm
Hours of work: 6:30am to 9:00pm or until dismissed by the Presiding Election Official (PEO).
Voting place workers must be present in their assigned voting place at all times.
Please contact electionsHR@richmond.ca should you have any questions.
We thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.