Affordability brought my family to Richmond. I am concerned that in the last five years, Richmond has become far less affordable and less livable for residents. As a councillor, I will always take into account how our individual choices affect others and this planet – so that together we can make Richmond a city that does not leave so many people behind.
If elected to City Council, my priorities will be to:
1. Encourage developers to build more modest housing for families, seniors and others who are being priced out of Richmond.
2. Advocate for policies that allow different kinds of homes to co-exist.
3. Lobby for an empty homes list and tax, so that existing homes are used for living and not as a means to park wealth.
4. Correct incentives for owning farmland in Richmond by reducing the size of mansions on farmland.
5. Support initiatives for better transit.
Social Media: Niti.Sharma.Richmond.BC