Neighbourhood Celebration Grant
Are you a Richmond based neighbourhood group, not-for-profit community group, Parent Advisory Committee, Community Association or Student Council with a creative idea for an event that will build community connections and neighbourhood pride? Richmond’s Neighbourhood Celebration Grant Program provides funding up to $2,500 to support the delivery of initiatives that will reconnect residents through grassroots community events and shared experiences that can be delivered safely throughout the summer and fall of 2022.
Examples of events that are eligible for funding include neighbourhood block parties, community picnics and inclusive cultural celebrations.
Reporting Template for 2022 Grant Recipients
A Neighbourhood Celebration Grant Final Report is required for all grant recipients in order to be eligible for future funding opportunities through this program. Complete the template, save the file to your computer and then email it along with two photos from your event to RichmondHasHeart@richmond.ca within four weeks following the completion of the event.
2022 Neighbourhood Celebration Grant Final Report
How to Apply
Applications to the 2022 Neighbourhood Celebration Grant Program are now closed.
Review the 2022 Neighbourhood Grant Application Guidelines Booklet for full details on eligible applicants and eligible project expenses.
2022 Neighbourhood Grant Application Guidelines Booklet
This year’s program will:
- Support participatory activities reflective of the themes of (re)connection.
- Encourage collaboration with residents, community organizations and Richmond-based artists to animate neighbourhoods, local business districts, parks and open spaces and encourage community members to make new neighbourhood connections.
- Support events and activities that facilitate intercultural interaction and promote intercultural understanding.
Event submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Event must demonstrate alignment with the program objectives
- Event must be inclusive and demonstrate engagement of community members from diverse backgrounds
- Applicants must show evidence of capacity to host the event
- Project approach must show a realistic estimate of resources needed and total budget required
- Project must demonstrate commitment to incorporate sustainability initiatives
- Event must take place prior to December 31, 2022
- Event must be held in Richmond
Email RichmondHasHeart@richmond.ca for any questions or assistance with the online application.