RestorationWe’re Restoring the #1220 Interurban Tram Car!
Restoration is long and complex. Our goal is to protect original materials and return the car to its appearance from 1912 to 1958.
• The trolley poles will be installed on the roof.
• Brass components will be installed in the interior of the car.
• Research will be undertaken to create a design for the watson guard. Also referred to as a “life guard” was a later addition to the tram cars and acted as a fender.
• Hand painted decals will be applied throughout the interior and exterior of the car.
• The motorman’s seat will be repaired to preserve the original leather.
• Our volunteers will continue to work hard, cleaning car parts and reinstalling the operational components in the motorman’s cabs.
Check in here to see what we are doing next!
Accessibility to the Tram Car may be limited due to safety precautions. We still welcome you to view the restoration and participate in activities related to Richmond’s transportation history.