History of the Chapel
In 1888 a group of 17 hardy pioneers formed a Methodist Congregation, and in 1891 built the Chapel with Volunteer labour at Cambie and River Roads. Rev. J.A. Wood was the first minister.
When the Methodist and Presbyterians united in 1925, the Chapel became known as Richmond United Church.
In 1961 the Municipality of Richmond purchased the property on which the church stood in order to relocate the railway through Brighouse Industrial Estates.
The church stood boarded up, its fate unsettled. Finally, with strong support from the former Reeve Henry Anderson, the church was moved to its present location. In 1968 it was re-dedicated and re-consecrated as Richmond Minoru Chapel for the use of all denominations.