Engaging Artists in Community Program
|Harvest Moon Festival
Catrina Megumi Longmuir, 2017
|Great Blue Heron
Bryn Finer, Donald Gunn, 2018
The Engaging Artists in Community Program supports artists with socially oriented art practices who wish to work collaboratively within communities in Richmond. The program targets culturally diverse and multi-generational audiences and aims to foster cross-cultural exchange, inclusive community building and education on issues and topics of relevance to communities.
Community-based artworks can express a shared goal or theme and provoke dialogue on ideas related to cultural identity, social history or the environment. Artist projects can leave a physical or social legacy for the community and may include, but is not limited to public performances, sculptures, participatory art installations, hands-on art activities, workshops, exhibitions, digital media based artwork and other socially engaged art forms. Projects commissioned from this program provide community participants with a greater sense of self, identity, community and place through art-making experiences.
2019 Artist Projects
- Minoru Manifesto, Julie Hammond, 2019
- The Interpreter Project Wen Wen (Cherry) Lu, 2019
- Musqueam Artist-In-Residence Workshops, 2019
Previous Artist Projects
- Tide Water Tales, Artist Rendering Tales Collective Inc (ARTCI)
- Great Blue Heron, Bryn Finer and Donald Gunn, 2018
- FANFARE, Faith Moosang, 2018
- spART, Pierre Leichner, 2017
- Minoru Seniors Legacy Project, Catrina Megumi Longmuir, 2017
- Harvest Full Moon Project, Marina Szijarto, 2016
Join the Arts, Culture and Heritage Artist Directory to be updated on future artist calls, workshops, events and professional development opportunities.
For further questions, please contact email@example.com