The Richmond Arts Centre would like to thank you for your interest in volunteering look forward to having you be a part of the team. We offer a wide variety of visual arts, music, dance and digital programs for preschoolers, children, youth and adult and many of these classes require volunteer assistance.
How does volunteering benefit you?
We know that you are helping connect our community and providing a service. Here are some other benefits you will get out of volunteering:
- Volunteer hours
- Volunteer work on your resume
- Hands on work experience in a classroom setting
- Giving back to your community
- Provide peer/mentors support
Volunteering for Seasonal programs
- Volunteer are required to commit to a minimum of 8 weeks for seasonal opportunity
- Volunteer are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to start of the class time and 15 minutes after class time to assist with set-up and clean-up of classroom space with the instructor
Volunteer role at the Arts Centre
- Volunteers will be teacher assistants to an instructor in the visual arts, music, dance, and/or digital arts program.
- Duties will include but not limited to:
• Assisting with classroom set-up and clean-up of supplies
• Assisting with classroom management
• Assisting with refilling any art supplies running low on the student tables
• Assisting students on their work if they require additional support or explanation
• Assisting student bathroom breaks (taking student to the bathroom and waiting by the door)
Requirements and Screening Criteria
- Minimum of 15 years old
- Minimum commitment of 8 weeks
- Application form completed and submitted to Volunteer Coordinator either by email at Greg.Chin@richmond.ca or drop off at the Cultural Centre front desk.
- Completion of an interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Successful completion of a Police Information Check with Richmond RCMP branch on No. 5 and Steveston Highway
- An icanhelp account to track volunteer hours through www.icanhelp.richmond.ca
(Instructions are below if volunteers do not have an account)
How to Set-Up an icanhelp Account
Icanhelp is great tool for volunteers to keep track of their hours whether they are weekly opportunities or Special Events opprtunities. Please follow the procedures below:
If you not have an icanhelp account:
- Go to www.icanhelp.richmond.ca and click on Sign In/Register.
- Click on Volunteer as an individual.
- Fill out the form.
- Reference section.
- Please entre any reference contact information you may have.
- If you do not have a reference, please enter N/A and continue on.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Richmond Arts Centre, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator Greg Chin at Greg.Chin@richmond.ca or 604-247-8324