Doors Open Participant RegistrationUnique Venues Wanted For Doors Open Richmond
Call for Applications to Participate in Doors Open Richmond, June 6-7 2015
Benefits of Participating
- Showcase your efforts in the community to local residents, visitors and tourists;
- Engage the public with future initiatives for your site;
- Placement in map brochures and posters printed and distributed throughout Richmond;
- A free listing on www.richmond.ca/doorsopen and official City of Richmond social media networks;
- Media coverage and advertising.
Submitted applications will be adjudicated by a Doors Open Richmond review panel, and a maximum of 50 sites will be selected. Shortly after selection all applicants will be informed of their status.
The following general criteria are critical in determining participation in Doors Open Richmond:
- Free admission (donation requests may not be solicited by staff or volunteers);
- Sites of architectural, historic, or social/cultural note;
- Adequate public liability and property insurance for site;
- Adequate site staffing and volunteers during both days of the event. (Special requests can be made to the Doors Open committee for volunteer support);
- Activities throughout the weekend not normally available to the public at site (i.e. special tours, demonstrations, walks, or enhanced access);
- Sites that are open 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on both Saturday and Sunday;
- Sites with successful adaptive features (i.e. that have "gone green" or preserved heritage in a unique way)
- Sites celebrating a significant anniversary
Nominal fee to participate ($25.00 per individual, or $55.00 per organization). Full refunds will be issued to unsuccessful applicants.
Deadline for Applications is Friday, March 6, 2015.
Click here to register your facility for Doors Open Richmond June 6-7 2015
Doors Open Richmond
c/o Richmond Museum & Heritage Services