Culture Days is a national celebration of arts and culture. This September, millions of people across the country attend participatory events and art-filled activities across the country.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS AND CREATIVES!
Richmond Culture Days welcomes your participation.
You are invited to create and host a free Culture Days activity.
Register your event at culturedays.ca by July 31, 2019, to recieve marketing and promotional support exclusive to Richmond Participants.
ORGANIZE AN ACTIVITY!
Culture Days is your chance to cast a spotlight on your creativity. Any arts or cultural activity can be registered and promoted as part of Culture Days, as long as it is:
• free to the public;
• takes place September 27, 28 and/or 29, 2019;
• involves audience participation and/or a behind-the-scenes creative
experience that gives the public a better understanding of the inner world of arts and culture; and
• registered (for free) at culturedays.ca.
Creating and hosting a Culture Days activity can help you:
• share your creative talents with the community
• make meaningful connections
• raise your profile
• highlight the value of arts and culture in our society
• promote cultural harmony and understanding
Register by July 31 to receive free benefits exclusive to Richmond organizers, including:
• Listing in the full-colour printed program guide.
• Be a part of #richmondculturedays and #bcculturedays social media campaigns.
• Receive free posters, signage, decorations, guides and more to help promote
• Get connected to the national Culture Days ad campaign and local media outlets.
LOOKING FOR ACTIVITY IDEAS?
Unsure what to do? Here are some suggestions:
• Hands-on activity: invite people to create, help make or try doing something
• Behind-the-scenes experience: take visitors inside creative spaces to get a
peek at artistry in action.
• Excursion: offer a tour of more than one location (eg. art gallery crawl).
• Discussion: offer artist talks, panels, roundtables and host cultural conversations
where audiences can learn and discuss.
• Collective creation: let the public contribute to a collaborative act or work of art.
• Offer your venue to an artist: Invite someone to use your classroom, house,
yard, lounge, theatre, studio, lobby area or other easily accessible space. Or let
us know about your space and we’ll spread the word to artists on your behalf to
make a match.
• Download the 2018 program guide to see what activities happened last year.
FREE SPACE AVAILABLE AT THE CULTURAL CENTRE
The Richmond Cultural Centre (7700 Minoru Gate) is offering space free-of-charge for artists, creatives and organizations to host 2019 Culture Days activities (Sept 27-29).
The Richmond Cultural Centre is home to many arts and cultural organizations and becomes a hub for Culture Days activities that draws large crowds. The entire building and outdoor plaza is transformed into a festive, celebratory environment over the Culture Days weekend.
For details on the spaces available and to request to book a free room, please complete the attached fillable PDF form Richmond Cultural Centre Booking Request Info and Form-Culture Days 2019
Questions about Richmond Culture Days? Contact Katie Varney.
Follow Instagram: @howartworks and @bcculturedays
Use hashtags: #richmondculturedays and #bcculturedays.
For more info on how to secure a space in the Richmond Cultural Centre download this form Richmond Cultural Centre Booking Request Info and Form-Culture Days 2019
CULTURE DAYS’ NEW LOOK
Culture Days has just launched a new look to celebrate their 10th anniversary, complete with new branding and website. You can download the brand standards here.