The Development Applications Department is responsible for:
- Reviewing all development applications (i.e. rezoning, development permits, development variance permits, subdivisions, etc.)
- Assessing and collecting Development Cost Charges and other development related fees;
- Coordinating the design and installation of infrastructure improvements for all new developments as required;
- Providing advice on engineering matters in the community planning process;
- Naming streets and providing street addresses; and
- Maintenance of property records.
The Development Applications Department works with other City divisions including: Transportation, Policy Planning, Engineering and Public Works, Clerk's, Law, Zoning, Building Approvals, Community Bylaws, Finance and Richmond City Council.
The division also consults directly with property owners, residents, developers, architects, engineers, planners, other government bodies as part of the development application review process.
Contacts: Development Applications
- Business & Development
(point your mouse on Development in the menu)
- Richmond Official Community Plan
- Planning & Zoning
- Development Permit Guide
- Subdivision Guide
- Rezoning Guide
- Publications List
- Environmental Sustainability (browse the fly out menu for topics)
- City Bylaws (see Zoning Bylaw)
- Richmond Interactive Map (RIM)