Bridges and Baby Boomers
Alfred B. Dixon Elementary School
Alfred B. Dixon Elementary School in 2004.
City of Richmond Archives Photograph
2004 43 169.
Alfred B. Dixon Elementary School (1959- ), which served the new Richmond Park subdivision in west Richmond, began as an annex to Lord Byng
in Steveston. In the early 1960s the school became independent.
Alfred Dixon was an early settler and pioneer farmer in west Richmond from 1895 to 1920. He served as municipal Councillor, school trustee, and dyking commissioner.
Aerial photograph of A.B. Dixon School, showing playing fields behind building, circa 1977. City of Richmond Archives Photograph 1978 26 66. Click to enlarge image.