J.N. Burnett Secondary SchoolJ.N. Burnett Secondary School (1968- ) opened in stages starting in 1968 to serve the expanding population of northwest Richmond. The baby boomers were having their children during the 1960s and 1970s and schools such as Burnett were built to accommodate them. In 1996, Burnett became a full secondary school for Grades 8 to 12.
At the end of the War, in 1945, he became an Inspector of Schools and in 1949 was hired by the Richmond School District as an administrator, serving as District Superintendent of Schools for Richmond from 1955 to 1964 - a period of unprecedented population growth and expansion.