Manoah Steves Elementary SchoolIn 1964, Manoah Steves Elementary School (1964- ) began as an annex to Dixon Elementary School. In 1975, it became an independent Kindergarten to Grade 7 school.
Steves was one of those who petitioned the province for the incorporation of Richmond as a municipality in 1879 and served on its first Council.
His descendants, including Harold Steves, a long-serving Richmond City Councillor, have continued to farm a portion of his land up to the present day.
Because of the proximity of his farm to the fishing village that emerged in the southwest corner of Lulu Island, the community was named Steveston in honour of this pioneer. Steveston Secondary and Steves Elementary were given his name as well.