Youth Development Leader 1
Under the guidance of and reporting to the Youth Development Coordinator or their designate, the Youth Development
South Arm Community Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direction, lead a variety of programs and activities for youth.
- Develop positive relationships with youth, create an all-inclusive, welcoming environment; instil a youth involved process; provide support to youth
- Promote the 40 Developmental Assets
- Articulate boundaries governing appropriate behaviour and use of the centre.
- Follow risk management protocols; update risk management and emergency protocols as required; complete incident and accident reports in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to each facility.
- Responsible to document and report child abuse to supervisors and the Ministry
- Responsible to fill out accident report forms
- 20 hours of volunteer experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- BCRPA High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification
- Police Information Check
- Standard or Emergency First Aid and CPR
- Conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of popular youth culture
- Start Date: End of June 2022
- End Date: End of September 2022
- Hours of work: 30 hours/week
Compensation and Benefits
- $15.20 per hour
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume, cover letter and references no later than 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, May 31, 2022 to:
South Arm Community Centre
Justin de Graauw, Youth Development Coordinator
8880 Williams Road,
Richmond, BC V7A 1G8
E-mail: Justin.de Graauw@richmond.ca
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
The South Arm Community Association thanks all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those candidates under further consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
The City of Richmond has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide
proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. This Policy also applies to Community Association and Society employees.