Youth Development Leader 2
Applications are now being accepted for the Youth Development Leader 2 position. This position, under the guidance of and reporting to the Youth Development Coordinator, is responsible for leadership of youth programs within a recreation and cultural services setting.
Successful candidates may be employed by the following organizations: West Richmond, Sea Island, Thompson, South Arm, Cambie, City Centre, Hamilton Community Associations; Steveston Community Society. (Note: Not all organizations may be hiring for this position).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct and lead a variety of programs and activities for youth.
- Develop positive relationships with youth; create an all-inclusive welcoming environment, instill a youth involved process; facilitate group settings.
- Connect youth into programs, projects, advisory groups and volunteering.
- Promote the 40 Developmental Assets.
- Assist with large-scale special events.
- Recognize and acknowledge youth accomplishments.
- Articulate boundaries governing appropriate behaviour and use of the centre.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of popular youth culture.
- Assist with liaising with elementary and secondary schools.
- Maintain an understanding of the sensitive nature of youth and youth issues.
- Follow risk management protocols; update risk management and emergency protocols as required; complete incident and accident reports in a timely manner.
- Meet regularly with supervisors and staff.
- Provide regular updates/reports for staff, youth workers and committees.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to each facility.
- Grade 12 plus 40 hours working/volunteering with youth or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Standard or Emergency First Aid and CPR.
- Police Information Check.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Experience or education related to social work, counseling, addiction and drug or alcohol abuse.
- Experience working within a program budget.
- Facilitating and mentoring experience.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of popular youth culture.
- Marketing and event planning skills.
- Class 4 driver's license.
Compensation and Benefits
- $14.98-$15.89 per hour
How to Apply
This is an ongoing job posting. To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.