Youth Development Leader 2
Thompson Community Association is accepting applications for the part-time Youth Development Leader 2 position. This position, under the guidance of and reporting to the Youth Development Coordinator, is responsible for leadership of youth programs within a recreation and cultural services setting.
Thompson Community Centre
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct and lead a variety of programs and activities for youth.
- Develop positive relationships with youth; create an all-inclusive welcoming environment, instill a youth involved process; facilitate group settings.
- Connect youth into programs, projects, advisory groups and volunteering.
- Promote the 40 Developmental Assets.
- Assist with large-scale special events.
- Recognize and acknowledge youth accomplishments.
- Articulate boundaries governing appropriate behaviour and use of the centre.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of popular youth culture.
- Assist with liaising with elementary and secondary schools.
- Maintain an understanding of the sensitive nature of youth and youth issues.
- Follow risk management protocols; update risk management and emergency protocols as required; complete incident and accident reports in a timely manner.
- Meet regularly with supervisors and staff.
- Provide regular updates/reports for staff, youth workers and committees.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to each facility.
- Grade 12 plus 40 hours working/volunteering with youth or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Standard or Emergency First Aid and CPR.
- Police Information Check.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Experience or education related to social work, counseling, addiction and drug or alcohol abuse.
- Experience working within a program budget.
- Facilitating and mentoring experience.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of popular youth culture.
- Marketing and event planning skills.
- Class 4 driver's license.
- 4-12 hours per week (evening and weekend work is a requirement of this position)
Compensation and Benefits
- $14.39 per hour
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position to:
Thompson Community Centre
Darren Asuncion, Thompson Community Association
5151 Granville Avenue
Richmond, BC V7C-1E6
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.