Recreation Outreach Leader
Applications are now being accepted for Outreach Leader. This is a supervisory position involving the delivery of inclusive, safe and well-managed outreach park programs for children in various locations throughout Richmond. This outreach position provides programs in a variety of neighbourhood parks, schools or residential settings with a focus on increasing physical literacy and social connectedness among children and families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and organizes a variety of recreational activities.
- Planning, promotion, and implementation of park programs.
- Training and supervision of volunteers.
- Communicates with parents and participants.
- Maintains assigned budget and petty cash.
- Keeps inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Facilitates program and volunteer evaluations.
- Report writing.
- Special event support.
- Customer Service.
- Liaise with community agencies and partners.
- Grade 12 plus 650+ hours of supervisor and working experience with children, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B.
- Previous experience working or volunteering with special events or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Class 5 driver’s license. Successful candidates will be required to provide their own transportation to the various locations.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a Police Information Check.
- Experience working with children that require extra support.
- Second language.
- Coaching and Leadership experience.
- 20 hours of related childcare courses/workshops.
- March to June:15 hours per week with a minimum of two shifts a week (must be available two weekday afternoons/evenings) and July/August: 30 hours per week.
- Wage: $19.60-$20.80 per hour
Successful candidates may be employed by: Thompson, City Centre, South Arm, West Richmond, East Richmond, Hamilton Community Associations and Steveston Community Society.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to:
South Arm Community Association
Attention: Cindy Eward
Deadline for submitting applications is March 18, 2020. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those candidates under further consideration will be contacted.