Preschool Instructor I Sub
Reporting to the Preschool Coordinator, the Preschool Instructor I assists with the development, planning and implementation of a comprehensive community based preschool program; organize and lead preschool activities, special events, fundraising and field trips; develop preschool curriculum.
Successful candidates may be employed by the following organizations: West Richmond, Sea Island, Thompson, South Arm, Cambie, City Centre, Hamilton Community Associations; Steveston Community Society. (Note: Not all organizations may be hiring for this position).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist volunteers and practicum students in the classroom setting.
- Attend to children's physical needs, which may include toileting and eating.
- Provide information to visitors wanting to hear about the program and/or see the classroom.
- Communicate problems or concerns with children, families, staff and external agencies.
- Recommend referrals or additional services for children with professionals such as behavioural therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists.
- Monitor children in indoor and outdoor activities and during rest periods; conduct activities with children on an individual and group basis.
- Ensure classroom safety as outlined by Health Medical Safety regulations; follow proper Centre protocol.
- Administer medications as required in accordance with established policy.
- Keep program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs and concerns to senior staff.
- Plan and organize classroom layout.
- Provide input into budget; order supplies and equipment.
- Work with agencies to acquire resources for children.
- Attend regular meetings with preschool instructors, Supervisor and where appropriate.
- Responsible to document and report child abuse to supervisors and the Ministry.
- Responsible to fill out accident report forms.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- Grade 12 plus an Early Childhood Education Certificate and one years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BCRPA High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification (or willing to obtain).
- Licensing requirements prior to start date: Standard, ChildSafe or emergency First Aid including CPR C, 19+ years of age, criminal record check and immunization records.
- Post Basis ECE Training
- Second language
- Food Safe Certificate
How to Apply
This is an ongoing job posting. To apply for this position, please email email@example.com
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.