Child Development Coordinator
Applications are being accepted for the position of Child Development Coordinator at the Cambie Community Centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the licensed Out of School care programs by providing overall vision and direction for the planning, coordination, integration, implementation and evaluation of School-Age Care and Summer Daycamp programs.
East Richmond Community Association
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, plan, supervise, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate and age specific children’s programs that address the needs of the whole child – socially, physically, intellectually, creatively and emotionally and which respect community diversity.
- Oversee ongoing development and evaluation of the School-Age Care and Summer Daycamp programs.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, supervise, evaluate and schedule staff and volunteers
- Develop and implement workshops and training for all staff; provide orientation, mentoring and be a resource for staff.
- Hire extra support if funded or required; ensure staff schedules, sub list and class 4 driving assignments are complete.
- Monitor and review child care practices to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to and provincial licensing requirements are met and maintained.
- Liaise with Board of Directors, Program Committee, Community Facilities Coordinator, Health Professionals and Licensing Officer to report on programs; liaise with schools, agencies and consultants to provide promotional information for programs.
- Coordinate ongoing registration, meetings with parents and monthly payments, send out notices regarding seasonal programs and daycamps which encourage family and child development.
- Attend a variety of meetings as required.
- Promote licensed child care and summer day camp programs; develop, plan and submit information for the seasonal Recreation and Culture guide.
- Assist with and support community events as required.
- Work with staff to develop and maintain the program’s goals and objectives; facilitate inter-staff communication and team work.
- Ensure the physical and emotional program environment is safe for children.
- Develop and maintain budgets.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and maintain all records, forms, policies and procedures.
- Research and administer grants from various funding agencies.
- Supervise the maintenance, repair and purchasing of all equipment and supplies.
- Administer all aspects of transportation including passenger safety.
- Responsible to document and report child abuse to supervisors and the Ministry.
- Responsible to fill out accident report forms.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- Grade 12 plus 80 hours of child care related courses (i.e. education, supported child development, human resources, child development and program planning) and a minimum of four years experience working with children, including a supervisory role; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensing requirements submitted prior to start date
- Standard of Emergency First Aid including CPR C
- Police Information Check.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma Certificate.
- Class 4 driver's license.
- Bachelor of Education or related field.
- Diploma/certificate in School-Age Care
- 35 hours per week
Compensation and Benefits
- $27.34-$29.00 per hour
- Benefits package after 3 months
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, June 17, 2022 to:
Cambie Community Centre
Derrick Bloomfield, Community Facilities Coordinator
12800 Cambie Road
Richmond, BC V6V 0A9
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position.