Reporting to Community Facilities Coordinator or Community Association Coordinator. The Tennis Instructor is responsible for the leadership and planning of tennis programs within a community services setting.
Steveston Community Centre with potential for other sites
Duties and Responsibilities
- Programming: Plan implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities with supporting weekly lesson plans that are creative, flexible and adaptable. Provide a safe, positive and well-managed learning environment.
- Supervision: Responsible for the supervision and leadership of volunteers.
- Customer Service/Communication: Greet parents at the beginning and end of each class and discuss program information; communicate with other staff and volunteers; Be a positive role model for participants.
- Safety and Risk Management: Follow Community Centre and off-site protocol for emergency situations; Ensure the safety of all individuals participating; Ensure the physical and emotional environment is safe for children; Report and document suspected child abuse, endangerment and neglect to supervisor; Ensure attendance procedures are followed; Clean and maintain room and equipment; assess tennis equipment on a regular basis and report damaged items to supervisor; Ensure appropriate set up, take down and maintenance of program space.
- Administration: Fill out accident and/or incident report forms; Provide evaluation and feedback to supervisor regarding program content; Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- Certified Tennis Canada Instructor or Certified Tennis BC Instructor.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching/volunteer experience in a tennis setting.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher)
- Police Information Check
- Coaching and leadership experience.
- NCCP level 1 Certification.
- Second language.
- AED training.
- Hours depend on availability and program requirements.
- Must be available for various morning and/or afternoon and/or evening hours during the week. Also an opportunity to work various hours on weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
- $17.00 - $25.00 per hour depending on experience/availability/performance/certification.
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position
Steveston Community Centre
Stephen Thom, Steveston Community Association
4111 Moncton Street
Richmond, BC V7E 3A8
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.