Child Development Instructor
Applications are now being accepted for the Child Development Instructor position. Reporting to the Child Development Supervisor participates in supervising, interacting and building relationships with children. Assist and lead the program on a day-to-day basis.
Successful candidates may be employed by the following organizations: West Richmond, South Arm, Cambie, Hamilton Community Associations.(Note: Not all organizations may be hiring for this position).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate children’s programs that address the needs of the child – socially, physically, intellectually, creatively and emotionally
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of group activities for school-age children; ensure program is creative, flexible and adaptable
- Prepare and assist children with eating snacks; toileting
- Supervise, instruct, interact and build relationships with school aged children on a daily basis; be clear and concise when talking and giving directions to children, staff and volunteers
- Act as a liaison between the program and schools
- Greet parents at the beginning and end of the day and discuss information in newsletters and other written notices with families
- Participate in meetings with families as well as Association sponsored events
- Communicate with other program instructors; attend regular staff meetings and training sessions
- Follow licensing and centre protocol for emergency situations and out-trips procedures
- Report suspected child abuse, endangerment and neglect to Supervisor
- Ensure children are signed in and that families sign out children daily; ensure clothing is appropriate for planned activity
- Clean and maintain room and all equipment; assess toys and furnishings on a regular basis and report damaged items to Supervisor
- Monitor children in indoor and outdoor activities
- Record relevant information pertaining to children and families in program communications book and relay information concerning children to Supervisor
- Help maintain a resource manual of game and activity ideas
- Responsible to document and report child abuse to supervisors and the Ministry
- Responsible to fill out accident report forms
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- BCRPA High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification
- Licensing requirements submitted prior to start date:
- 20 hours of related child care related courses/workshops (i.e. education, supported child development, child development and program planning),
- Standard, Childsafe or Emergency First Aid including CPR C,
- Physician’s note,
- 19+yrs. of age,
- Police Information Check
- Immunization Records
- Previous experience working with children, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with children that require extra support
- Courses relating to supported child development
- Challenging behaviours course
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply:
This is an ongoing job posting. To apply for this position, please email email@example.com
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position.