Open Gym Attendant
Applications are now being accepted for Open Gym Attendant for Cambie Community Centre’s Drop-In Basketball Program. The successful candidates will assist with the overall operation of Friday Night Youth and Adult Basketball.
Cambie Community Centre
Reporting to Community Facilities Coordinator, Recreation Leader, or Community Association Coordinator. The Open Gym Attendant is responsible for the supervision of open gym programs within a community services setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a safe, positive and well-managed play environment.
- Greet participants at the beginning and end of each class and discuss program information.
- Communicate with other staff and volunteers.
- Be a positive role model for participants.
- Follow Community Centre and off-site protocol for emergency situations.
- Ensure the safety of all individuals participating.
- Ensure attendance procedures are followed.
- Clean and maintain room and equipment; assess equipment on a regular basis and report damaged items to supervisor.
- Ensure appropriate set up, take down and maintenance of program room and space.
- Facilitate fair play and conduct of participants.
- Fill out accident and/or incident report forms.
- Provide evaluation and feedback to supervisor regarding program content.
- Obtain off-site rental information and/or contract; liaise with off-site point of contact.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- Completion of Grade 9 plus 50+ hours of experience working or volunteering with children, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- BCRPA High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher).
- Police Information Check.
- Coaching and leadership experience.
- Training and/or experience with individuals that require extra support.
- AED training.
- Second language.
Hours and Remuneration
- Friday’s from 8:45pm – 12:00am .
- Additional shifts available.
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume and cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5pm, Friday, November 29, 2019 to:
Cambie Community Centre
Attn: Omar Rajan
12800 Cambie Road
Richmond, BC, V6V 0A9
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those candidates under further consideration will be contacted.This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.