Fitness Attendant/Fitness Attendant Sub
South Arm Community Centre
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise fitness facilities to ensure a safe environment; ensure patrons wear appropriate attire and footwear; and are following code of conduct and fitness etiquette.
- Perform fitness orientations for youth and adult/seniors; interact with patrons, field questions and complaints and address or forward questions/concerns to supervisor.
- Manage injuries/accidents according to first aid training and procedures.
- Monitor equipment state of repair; provide minor maintenance to equipment; keep the room clear of obstacles; return all equipment to the proper location throughout the shift.
- Take broken or damaged equipment/apparatus out of commission, document and report the problem to supervisor
- Follow the shift task check lists; sanitize, dust , sweep and vacuum all surfaces, mats and balls, equipment and exercise area on an ongoing basis.
- Set up and/or take down class equipment needs in fitness rooms
- Lead participants that provide a healthy self-report through the use of the current PAR-Q or who have received medical clearance to participate in a general physical activity program
- Provide weight room monitoring and equipment orientations
- Effectively communicate Fitness Centre procedures and safety guidelines
- Promote fitness programs and have a working knowledge of available fitness programs provided at the centre
- Follow and execute class cancellation/substitution procedures and display signage
- Read and respond to CoR/Supervisor/Fit Attendant emails to remain up to date with centre events and concerns
- Provide paperwork/documentation on emergencies/complete accident/incident report forms
- Attend all requested fitness staff meetings
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility and/or shift
- Arrange for shift coverage/sub from approved list if unable to attend assigned shift; notify the Fitness Coordinator of absence; notify the front desk by phone if late or absent
- High school graduation (or equivalent) plus one or more of the following designations:
- Completion of BCRPA Weight Training Leader designationn or accepted equivalent such as ACE, CFES, NSCA (equivalent designation must include proof of liability insurance for Weight Room Attendant)
- Standard or Emergency First Aid & CPR
- Degree/Diploma in a related field such as Human Kinetics or Kinesiology
- One year or more related work experience
- Additional BCRPA registration or CFES (Group Fitness, Aquatic Fitness, Weight Training, Yoga Fitness, Pilates Fitness, Osteofit, Adapted Fitness, Third Age designation, Personal Training, etc.)
- Basic computer skills
- Second language
- Part-time hours: 5-15 per week
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position to the email below by Friday, April 29, 2021 by 11:59pm:
South Arm Community Centre
Attention: Kelly McCann, Fitness Coordinator
8880 Williams Road
Richmond, BC V7A 1G6
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.