Preschool Instructor 2
Reporting to the Preschool Coordinator, Community Facilities Coordinator or Director of Child Care Services assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive community based preschool program for ages 3-5yrs and/or 2yrs.
Thompson Community Association
Duties and ResponsibilitiesProgramming
- Plan, implement, organize and lead nature based outdoor preschool activities and curriculum; special events, fundraising and field trips.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive nature based preschool program for ages 3-5.
- Assist in the hiring of preschool staff; provide work direction to Preschool/Instructor I.
- Assist volunteers and practicum students in the classroom setting.
- Attend to children’s physical needs, which may include toileting and eating.
- Provide information to visitors wanting to hear about the program and/or see the classroom.
- Attend regular meetings with preschool instructors and Preschool Coordinator.
- Communicate problems or concerns with children, families, staff and external agencies.
- Recommend referrals or additional services for children with professionals such as behavioural therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists.
- Monitor children in indoor and outdoor activities and during rest periods; conduct activities with children on an individual and group basis.
- Ensure classroom safety as outlined by Health Medical Safety regulations; follow proper Centre protocol .
- Administer medications as required in accordance with established policy.
- Keep program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs and concerns to senior staff.
- Plan and organize classroom layout.
- Provide input into budget; order supplies and equipment.
- Work with agencies to acquire resources for children.
- Attend regular meetings with preschool instructors, Supervisor and where appropriate.
- Responsible to document and report child abuse to supervisors and the Ministry.
- Responsible to fill out accident report forms.
- Grade 12 plus an Early Childhood Education Certificate and two years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BCRPA High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification (or willing to obtain).
- Standard, Child Safe or Emergency First Aid including CPR C.
- 19+yrs of age.
- Police Information Check.
- Immunization records.
- Post basic ECE training.
- Training and experience in Reggio Emilia practice.
- Training and experience in outdoor education.
- Second language.
- Sign language.
- Music background.
- Food safe.
- Starting September, 2022 - Permanent Full Time (34hrs/week)
Compensation and Benefits
- $21.93-$22.88/hr (rate effective Sept 1, 2021, Sept 1, 2022 rate under review), plus $4.00hr ECE Wage Enhancement
- Professional Development and 4% vacation pay
- Benefits package including medical, dental, and paid sick leave after three month probation period
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 4:00 pm, July 18, 2022 to:
Thompson Community Centre
Emily Vera & Kate Dawson, Preschool Coordinators
5151 Granville Avenue
Richmond, BC, V7C 1E6
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
The City of Richmond has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide
proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. This Policy also applies to Community Association and Society employees.