Childrens Party Leader
Applications are being accepted for the position of Children’s Party Leader at South Arm Community Centre. Reporting to the Community Development Coordinator the Children’s Party Leader is responsible for the facilitation of children’s parties within a community facilities setting.
South Arm Community Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide friendly, responsive service.
- Set up games, decorations, necessary supplies and equipment for parties.
- Interact with and engage children.
- Lead age appropriate games and activities.
- Face painting and facilitate crafts.
- Clean up and take down decorations and equipment.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with staff, parents, children and guests of the party.
- Follow facility protocol for emergency situations.
- Ensure the safety of all individuals participating.
- Ensure the physical environment is safe for children.
- Clean and maintain room and equipment; assess equipment on a regular basis and report damaged items to supervisor.
- Fill out first aid and/or incident report forms.
- Provide evaluation and feedback to supervisor regarding program content.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- Grade 10 plus 50+ hours of experience working with children or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher).
- Police Information Check.
- Ability to lift up to 10kg.
- Flexible working hours on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Successful candidates must pass a Police Information Check.
- Strong organizational, communication, and multi-tasking skills.
- Training and/or experience with individuals that require extra support.
- Experience working independently or as a leader in a fast-paced environment.
- Second language.
Hours of Work
- Varied hours, shifts will be 4 hours each throughout the year.
- Applicants must be available to work on Saturday & Sunday.
- Hourly wage: $13.08 – 13.87.
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position to:
South Arm Community Centre
Fiona Sim, South Arm Community Association
8880 Williams Road
Richmond, BC V7A 1G6
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis.
South Arm Community Association thanks all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.