Summer Slam Site Coordinator
Applications are being accepted for the Summer Slam Basketball Site Coordinator position at West Richmond Community Centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and delivery of the seven-week Summer Slam Basketball Program.
West Richmond Community Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall supervisor for three gyms which includes facility setup, game management, coach support, monitoring games for fair play and ensure rules are followed.
- Supervise coaches, referees, scorekeepers and volunteers.
- Develop practice plans, and support staff/volunteers where needed.
- Customer service and communication with staff, parents and participants.
- Maintain assigned budget.
- Keep inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Complete and manage administrative duties for the program as needed.
- Completion of Grade 12, experience working with children, and supervision and one year of post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service, communication, and public relations skills.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR level B (or higher).
- HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a Police Information Check (PIC).
- NCCP Coaching Certification.
- Previous experience working in a basketball-related environment.
- Coaching and Leadership experience.
- June – August (250 hours).
- Primarily evenings from 3:00-9:00pm, Monday–Thursday.
Compensation and Benefits
$19.60 - $20.80/hour.
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, March 27, 2020 to:
West Richmond Community Centre
9180 No 1 Road
Richmond, BC V7E 6L5
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.