Environmental Programs Leaders
The Environmental Programs Leader is an integral member of the Nature Park team as the first-point contact to parents and children. The successful candidate must have an interest in the environment, outdoor education, and enjoy working with children.
Richmond Nature Park
Duties and Responsibilities
Examples of key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing nature programs for children 4-13 years
- Preparing materials and resources for each program
- Supervising children and implementing programs
- Liaising with Nature Park staff and parents
- Providing direction and guidance to high school volunteers
- Providing program evaluations to Nature Park staff
- Background in education, natural sciences, or environmental education
- Direct supervisory and leadership experience working with children and youth
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Current Basic First Aid certification completed before start date and valid through Sept 2022
- Early Childhood Education certificate is an asset
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a Police Information Check
Qualifications and Experience
- Leader 2/3: 2+ years of experience working with children in a recreational and/or educational setting
- Leader 1: 1+ year of experience working with children in a recreational and/or educational setting
- Experience working with children with disabilities
Hours of work and wages
- 35 hrs/week, June 20 to September 2 (approximately 11 weeks)
- Available position: Leader I, II or III
- Starting at $15.20/hr. Wage and period of employment are dependent upon qualifications and funding approval.
- Work is performed outdoors and is the first contact when parents and children arrive.
- The City of Richmond has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. This policy also applies to Community Association and Society employees.
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a resume and cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 pm, February 28, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Summer 2022.
The Richmond Nature Park Society thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates under further consideration will be contacted.