People, Excellence, Leadership, Team, InnovationRichmond is a vibrant, rapidly developing city with a strong economy that has attracted thousands of its residents from around the world. Our population has the highest proportion of immigrants of any city in Canada. The City of Richmond recognizes the importance of mirroring this cultural diversity in our workforce in order to effectively serve the diverse needs of the community.
To support our commitment to workplace diversity, the City of Richmond offers a variety of intercultural awareness training initiatives to all employees to increase the level of awareness and understanding within the workforce. We have two, full-time diversity coordinators in Parks & Recreation, and we are working to incorporate diversity and cultural awareness as part of our Respectful Workplace Policy. We also provide a new immigrant welcome package to help new residents tap into the wide range of support services we offer.
Promotion of Diversity is demonstrated through:
- Applying different problem solving skills towards a common goal
- Building relationships with different community groups
- Embracing diverse perspectives and approaches that foster innovation
- Guiding decision making and planning through inclusion, cooperation, dynamism, integration, and equality
- Providing equal opportunity in all areas of our work
- Implementing systems and procedures that take into account individual differences in all aspects of our service and planning delivery
Learn more about our commitment to diversity through out City Policy and Administrative Procedures section.