NEW: MyBusiness Portal
MyBusiness - Business Licence Portal
To operate your business in Richmond, you must have a valid business licence.
The City of Richmond has launched MyBusiness, an online business licencing service within the City's MyRichmond portal. MyBusiness streamlines the business licencing process through an online self-service option that provides new and existing business owners with the convenience of applying for, updating, and renewing their licences online without having to come in to City Hall.
MyRichmond provides “one customer profile” for each Richmond resident or business person. As a new tool integrated with MyRichmond, MyBusiness is a consistent, streamlined way for businesses to interact with the City of Richmond and access services on-demand.
As a business owner, you can easily navigate from your MyRichmond account to MyBusiness, where you can apply for, renew, and update your business licences online at any time that is convenient for you.
Businesses can make online payments and check on application status anytime. MyBusiness saves time for businesses and provides improved access, increased availability, and a streamlined business licencing process.
To access MyBusiness, you will need to sign up for an account:
Sign up for a MyRichmond account
To facilitate us in correctly identifying you from our licencing records:
- If you are the business owner of the licence, please make sure the email address on your MyRichmond account is the same as the email we have on file for the business owner.
- If you are an administrator of the licence, or the applicant who applied for the licence previously, please make sure the email address on your MyRichmond account is the same as the email we have on file for the original applicant.
- Do not use your generic business email to register for your MyRichmond account.
To learn more about accessing MyBusiness within the MyRichmond portal, refer to the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) page and video tutorials below:
1. How to register for a MyRichmond account
2. How to link a new business licence to your MyRichmond profile
3. How to link your business licence to your MyBusiness account
4. How to create a new business licence
5. How to renew your business licence
6. How to make changes to your business licence at time of renewal
Hard copy business licences are being phased out with the launch of MyBusiness. Going forward, you will receive notifications and reminders via the email address you provide.
If you have questions about using MyBusiness, please contact the Business Support Center.
Business Support Centre