Metro West Inter-Municipal Business LicenceThe Metro West Inter-Municipal Business Licence allows eligible trades contractors and professionals that are related to the construction industry to work in multiple jurisdictions under one licence.
The City of Richmond has partnered with Vancouver, Surrey, New Westminster, Delta and Burnaby in this trial program.
Criteria and Costs of a Metro West Inter-Municipal Business Licence:
- must hold a valid City of Richmond business licence for trade or construction related services
- service or product must be related to the construction industry
- valid for the term of the City licence and not pro-rated
- complete and submit the fillable Metro West Inter-Municipal Business Licence Application Form
- submit fee in the amount of $250.00 (fee is not pro-rated)
- For more information, please view our Inter-Municipal Business Licence brochure.
Applications Can Be Submitted By:
- mail with a cheque payable to City of Richmond to, City of Richmond Business Licence Division, 6911 No. 3 Road, V6Y 2C1
- in person at Richmond City Hall, during regular business hours Monday to Friday 8:15am to 5:00pm
Note: Due to COVID-19, City Hall is closed to the public for business licence inquiries and payments. Applications can be placed in the drop box by the main entrance to City Hall.
- Application will not be processed without the Application Fee.
You may pay with cash, cheque, money order, Interac card, or credit card through the following options. For the applicable Business Licence fees, please refer to the Consolidated Fees Bylaw in the City Bylaws section (Chapter 5) of this website.
Note: Due to COVID-19, cash is not accepted at this time as a method of payment.
- By Mail – mail your payment to Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6Y 2C1, attention Business Licence Division.
- In Person – bring your payment to Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road, during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:15am to 5:00pm
Note: Due to COVID-19, City Hall is closed to the public for business licence inquiries and payments.