Changing and Updating Business Licence
UPDATE: On July 11, 2022, the City of Richmond launched MyBusiness, a new online business licencing service in the MyRichmond portal that enables businesses to easily apply for, update, and renew their licences.
The option for the in-person and mail-in business licence application process is still available as described below.
If there are changes to your existing licence, a Business Licence Application Form must be completed and submitted to update the business licence. Changes include any amendments to a company name, trade name, address or classification. If a change of ownership has occurred, you must also complete and submit a Transfer of Licence Form.
Applications of Changes to Existing Licences Can Be Submitted By:
- mail with a cheque payable to City of Richmond to, City of Richmond Business Licence Division, 6911 No. 3 Road, V6Y 2C1
- in person at Richmond City Hall, during regular business hours Monday to Friday 8:15am to 5:00pm
- If you will not be operating or have ceased operations your business in Richmond, please notify the Business Licence office by one of the above methods.
Application will not be processed without the Application Fee.Payment Options
You may pay with cash, cheque, money order, Interac card, or credit card through the following options. For the applicable Business Licence fees, please refer to the Consolidated Fees Bylaw in the City Bylaws section (Chapter 5) of this website.
- By Mail – mail your payment to Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6Y 2C1, attention Business Licence Division.
- In Person – bring your payment to Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road, during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:15am to 5:00pm
For Businesses Intending to Operate From Their Residence
See Appendix B and ensure that you review and understand the regulations for operating a business in a residential district.
Also complete Appendix C and submit with the completed business licence application formFor Businesses That Are Ownership Transfers
Complete Appendix D and submit with the completed application form
Please note applications cannot be processed unless the forms have been completed in full and all required registrations and/or tickets of qualifications and fees are submitted.
The processing time varies depending on complexity of the requirements and required approvals. Required approvals include, but not limited to, Zoning, Building, Health, or/and Fire approvals. The processing time may take longer if your case is complex or if there are missing documents (e.g. professional certificate, dealership licence, ownership transfer documents, payment, etc.).
Please refer to Appendix A: A Guide to the Business Licence Application Process for more information of business licence application process.