Recycling & Garbage Services Overview
To help residents achieve its goal to reduce garbage by 80% by 2020, Richmond is introducing biweekly garbage collection to encourage recycling. Garbage Carts are being delivered to residents starting February 1 to the end of March. Information on transition and collection dates for biweekly collection will be provided with the carts when they are delivered. See "About Garbage Collection and Schedule" for program implementation details.
|Paper, Plastic, Glass
|Food Scraps & Yard
|Public Spaces||Hazardous Waste &
Sign-Up for Free Recycling and Garbage Reminders
Single-family home residents can sign-up for free recycling and garbage pick up day reminders. Residents can set up how they want to receive reminders, which are available by email, text message, Twitter or a phone call. The tool is simple and easy to use. Just enter your address below and click on "Find."
This service does not apply to townhomes and multi-family dwellings with private garbage pickup or Blue Carts. Please contact your property management company for your pickup schedule.
Related Links and Resources
- 2016 Recycling and Garbage Collection Guide
- Metro Vancouver Recycling Directory
- Metro Vancouver's Clean Wood Disposal Ban in 2015
- Metro Vancouver's Organic Disposal Ban in 2015
- Recycling Council of BC Hotline - 604-732-9253
- Report missed garbage and recycling, call 604-276-4010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please point your mouse on Recycling & Garbage section in the main menu on the left of this page to see the list of topics in the fly out menus.