Public Skate Schedule
Public skate sessions at Minoru Arenas and Richmond Ice Centre are open to all skill levels. We hope to see you soon!
2015 Fall Public Skating Schedule
The City strongly recommends wearing a CSA approved hockey helmet to prevent injuries during public skating sessions and for all programs at Richmond Arenas. Helmets are available for use during sessions at no extra charge.
Helmets are approved for each sporting activity for the best protection during a specific activity, for example, hockey, cycling and boarding. Note that a sport specific helmet cannot prevent all head injuries in all sports.
Helmets have a limited CSA certification time period, so ensure that you are protecting yourself by wearing an activity specific helmet with a current CSA certification. For all skating and ice-related sports, it is strongly recommended that a hockey helmet be worn.
For your safety and enjoyment
- always skate under control
- watch out for others
- skates must be worn at all times on the ice surface
- refrain from carrying children while on the ice
- skate in designated areas
- remove yourself from the ice surface and use the benches or bleachers if you need to sit down or rest
- keep food and beverages in the lobby area
- obey all instructions from staff
- avoid using electronic devices while on the ice
- have fun!