Public Skate ScheduleRichmond Arenas offers a variety of public skate sessions for everyone to enjoy. These sessions are offered at scheduled times at Minoru Arenas and the Richmond Ice Centre.
Please Note: Public skate times will be from 9:00am to 11:00am and from 12:30pm to 3:00pm on Thursday, May 30, 2013.
Arenas- Spring Schedule 2013
Please note: Schedules are subject to change without notice. Please contact the Richmond Ice Centre at 604-448-5366 for daily schedule.
Note: Public Skate has been CANCELLED for Saturday, May 18, 2013.
The City strongly recommends wearing a CSA approved hockey helmet to prevent injuries during public skating sessions and for all programs at the Richmond Arenas. Helmets are available for use during sessions at no extra charge.
Helmets are approved for each sporting activity to best protect you during a specific activity, for example, hockey, cycling and boarding.
A sport specific helmet cannot prevent all head injuries in all sports. In addition, helmets have a certification from CSA that lasts for only a certain time period so to ensure you are protecting yourself by wearing an activity specific helmet check that the CSA certification is current. For all skating and ice- related sports it is strongly recommended that you wear a hockey helmet.
For your safety and enjoyment:
- always skate under control
- watch out for others
- skates must be worn at all time on the ice surface
- refrain from carrying children while on the ice
- skate in designated areas
- remove yourself from the ice surface and use the benches or bleachers if you
- need to sit down or rest
- keep food and beverages in the lobby area
- obey all instructions from staff
- avoid using iPods or MP3 players on ice
- have fun!