People, Innovation through Collaboration, Vision,
Outstanding Results, Team
Are you ready for the career of your dreams? With initiatives such as our Corporate Leadership and Education Program, our competitive compensation and benefits packages, and our strong support of a healthy work/life balance, we demonstrate our commitment to providing employees with opportunities to achieve excellence.
Our workforce includes over 1800 people employed at a variety of locations throughout Richmond including City Hall, the City Works Yard, Recreation and Cultural facilities, RCMP and Fire Halls. City staff hiring is coordinated by the City of Richmond’s Human Resources Division.
City CAO George Duncan is Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement
Our Core Values
From senior management to auxiliary staff, these values are the lifeblood of the City of Richmond, and we do our best to maintain them through policy and practice every day.
Our Corporate Values define our Corporate culture, how we interact with each other and perform our duties at work. Our values are "PIVOTal" to our success.
- Our strength lies in our people. They are our #1, most important resources. We are fair, respectful, supportive and inclusive.
INNOVATION through Collaboration means:
- Imagination is widely distributed; Innovation is key to our success. We must work collaboratively, both internally and externally, to be innovative, responsive leaders in municipal government services in a rapidly changing world.
- The vision empowers us. It provides purpose for people's work, and helps us to focus on what matters. We prioritize and say "no" when necessary, to maintain this focus.
OUTSTANDING RESULTS means:
- Plain and Simple. We strive for outstanding results, always, from all parts of the organization. You have to, to be the best as our vision states.
- We are "One Team"; There are no silos. We succeed, learn and work together to achieve our common vision.
To navigate this part of our site, you may use the fly-out menus on the left, or you may wish to consult the Site Map for is section.