Awards and Achievements
People, Innovation through Collaboration, Vision,
Outstanding Results, Team
|“I was part of the team that worked tirelessly down to the last hour on the Olympic proposal. When the City of Richmond was awarded the Oval, it was hugely rewarding. The diversity of projects is unique because we work with all the departments, associations and partners.”
The City of Richmond is proud to be an award-winning organization recognized for innovative leadership, programs and strategies.
- Opening of the Richmond Olympic Oval, the official home to speed skating for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
- Being a proud stakeholder in the completion of the Canada Line Rapid Transit Line, which will connect travelers from Richmond to Downtown Vancouver in less than 25 minutes.
- Being recognized as home to Canada’s healthiest and longest-living people, according to several sources including Statistics Canada.
- The Richmond Olympic Oval was awarded a Sustainability Star by the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Organizing Committee (VANOC) for being a hallmark of sustainable design and construction.
- The Terra Nova Rural Park Project received the Environmental Award from the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA) for its innovative planning approach that carefully protected key natural and historic elements of the park site.
- The City received two awards at the International Awards for Livable Communities in London, UK, including a first place Healthy Lifestyles Award and a second place Whole City Award.
- The City received BC Hydro’s Power Smart Excellence Award recognizing outstanding achievements in energy efficiency and innovation.
Learn more about our Richmond Awards.